Consultant to Fiduciary Business Services Limited
Miles started his career in international tax in 1994, he has a Bachelor of Law degree and has taught International Tax on the LLM Program run by St Thomas University, Miami. He is also a member of the International Bar Association. Miles is a founder and managing partner of Milestone International Tax Partners LLP which is a London based international tax advisory firm with a wide variety of clients including owner-managed businesses, international investment funds, property developers and high net worth individuals often with a significant public profile.
Recent transaction highlights include:
- Restructuring a leading independent US music publishing business involving a tax neutral distribution of IP rights to Ireland
- Structuring a £650mn multi-phase mixed use property development in London’s Canary Wharf
- Advising a Dutch private equity firm on its UK inbound investments, carry arrangements and changes to the UK’s base cost shift rules in Summer Budget 2015
- Establishing a group treasury function for a US MNE’s EMEA operations, taking into account transfer pricing, PE and double tax treaty issues
- Advising UHNWI Family Office on small-cap investments in media and technology sectors, including due diligence on targets
- Advising a supermodel in her joint venture with an art collector and leading auction house
- Advising a F1 racing driver on his move from the UK and tax issues relating to his autobiography
- Working with the management team of a leading European golfer on structuring his image rights.
Vocal in the tax avoidance debate, Miles has appeared on national TV news as well as BBC radio’s World Tonight programme. He is frequently asked for comment by daily papers and is more than happy not to sit on the fence.
Miles is also the co-author of International Tax Systems and Planning Techniques (Sweet & Maxwell) and The Principles of International Tax Planning (Corpus), he also writes for numerous academic publications.
He is also a trustee of Regain, the trust for sports tetraplegics.
Tel: +44 (0)208 8915547
Mob: +44 (0)7785 770431